Sunday, September 7, 2008

painting the mural...

After our church service this morning we had a quick lunch and went back to the building to paint a mural.


Over the summer, Pastor Rob asked Shannon to paint a mural for VBS and realized Shannon's talent!

So Shannon was asked to paint a mural in one of the church hallways as a backdrop for a train that runs along a high shelf. They took the train down today so Shannon and I painted from about 1:00 - 9:30. I must say, it looks really good! Much better than it did before. We had a lot of fun doing it. Sydney looked after the boys, who behaved so well given the circumstances - one building for 8 hours! The kids watched movies and played in the "kids church" rooms. The church provided us with dinner which was delicious. We are all exhausted and our feet hurt.... but Pastor Rob made us feel like it was completely worth it when he said it was a vision fulfilled. We hope everyone enjoys watching the train once it's up again, passing by the painted California landscape.

4 comments:

Every Day Gourmet said...

How awesome! I didn't know about Shannons hidden talent either. Can he fly out and paint some murals in our house? Keep up with the pictures. I feel as if I am almost there seeing your family in person.

Ellyn said...

Hi Jenn! I just saw your blog on Susy's! It is great seeing pictures of you all. I hardly recognized Ben!!! I looked at the picture of Liam thinking surely Ben is bigger than that now, only to scroll down to see it was Liam and that Ben looks completely different than I remember! Wow, what 4 years time does to kids! It looks like you are all doing great! Any idea where you'll be heading next summer?

Sarah said...

WOW!! Well, I guess Shannon's talent isn't hidden anymore! =) I'm sure he'll (you both) will be getting lots of requests now =) It looks great!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU mommy!!!!!!